Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Yesterday

Ok so I guess I forgot to mention that yesterday was the FIRST DAY OF BIBLE COLLEGE! Woooo!

Pastor Schaller is going through the whole book of 2 Corinthians in Applied Bible Doctrine and, as he usually does for the first day of ABD, gave us a historical overview of how the book came about, detailing Paul's visits and interactions with the city of Corinth and it's beleivers. Not the most exciting portion of the class for me...but I understand it's place.

Then worked it up all day, doing the IT thing.

Afterwards, departing from work at a comfortable 7:15, I swung by the Church and retrieved the venerable Tony Slocumb, to take him out to a luxurious steak dinner (his favorite) as a birthday present. It is here that Julius, who is the man if you didn't know, most wonderfully served us (bonus cuz we were his only table, so he could chat with us most of the night). Also working at this fine establishment this evening was none other than Jon Bednez himself! Needless to say it was a wonderful time.

Tony and I discussed mostly his aspirations for the creative arts (animation/comic books/film making), and different ideas. Quite the astute gathering, I would say. But his main idea for film is the take on Revelation and doing a totally faithful, non-sentimental, raw depiction of what the tribulation period will really be all about. Not caring who it offends, but just showing the God-given truth. Pretty exciting stuff, great ideas. I need to review my I-III John and Revelation notes from Pastor Love's class last semester.

So it was a good day yesterday. And the business writing class I'm in the middle of isn't too bad.

No comments: