Monday, September 3, 2007

Multifaceted

Okay so since we last spoke it feels like a lot has happened!

Saturday PM:
At "Doc's Night" we played an AWESOME game called pillow polo (which is different than spongee polo.... I think) with an (approximately) 2 foot diameter rubbery beach ball. It was so much fun, running all over the basketball court trying to score goals. Unfortunately we didn't have beast daddy Aerion Slocumb on our team to score the only 4 goals of the match I played in.

After Pillow Polo, we played some professional dodge ball....and I must say (not to gloat or anything)...that I am not very good at all at Dodge ball :). But it was fun nonetheless.

I wish I had sneakers....my feet didn't appreciate running around barefoot for a few hours...

Sunday!
I went and did sign language interpretation for the early morning 8:30 service. Then there was the 10:30 service. Post-service I went over Michael W Brown's place for some glorious old-school Secret of Mana action. Then I went home and watched some pure pwnage hilariousness which may be a little crude, but the gamingness of it warms my heart.

Sunday Evening service was absolutely incredible. Practicing the presence of God.

Is 26:3 -Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Ps 16:8 - I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

What are you focusing on? What consumes your thoughts? Are you focused on analysis of your problems? Are you practicing your problems? Or are you Practicing the Presence of God? Wow...You have the power, as a believer, to decide what you want to focus on, meditate upon, live in, rehearse in your mind.

Ps 46:10 - Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

This quiet contentment before the Father. Stepping back from myself and communing with Him. We CAN trust him. We don't have to worry about these problems and details. We cast all our cares upon him. And why? Because he cares for us. Don't worry. Know that He IS God and He is bigger than our problems.

Learn how to live in worship. My analysis is not focusing on the solution... Whooo boy that's rich! As a Business Analyst (by occupation), my mind works in figuring out how to fix something, how to make it work. What a burden is lifted when I know I can trust all unto my savior. I don't have to figure out my problems, I just have to trust God as the solution!!

Keeping focused on Him will not only reveal the problem, but minister a solution. If we practice His presence, there is love, joy, peace, forgiveness. We are cleansed from all unrighteousness! We are forgive of all our transgressions, our iniquities, our sins! And he remembers them no more, and neither should we!!!

What do you try to desperately hold on to? Worrying about how this will turn out, will God move in this person's life? But we can trust him, for all of those details. Take no thought for your life....because the Lord cares for it and will provide all we need.

No comments: