Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend situations

We had a company picnic at the B&O (Baltimore-Ohio, not Body Odor) Railroad museum, Saturday, which was cool...but I wish I had invited someone to go with me, cuz it was kind of boring and some coworkers either had already done what I wanted to check out, or didn't want to check it out. But Dave Ryan's wedding was Saturday so I figured that everyone was there for that.


Then I went to the O's vs Red Sox game with Matt Grady which was pretty cool. Red Sox got thoroughly trounced by the lackluster Orioles. Dice-K (Red Sox Pitcher) walked like 6 guys in a row....they SCORED 2 runs from WALKS. Then an certain Oriole got his very first hit in his professional career, as a grand slam. They were down by two in the beginning of that inning, to being up by 4.


As much as it may seem, I don't really care about sports, but everyone I was with, is.



Then yesterday afternoon I partook once again of some Outback Steakhouse to celebrate my bro's 19th birthday (on the 12th). I tried the NY Strip instead of my standard Prime Rib medium season & seared...and, I have to say, I was not impressed. The waitress understood my displeasure and explained that the Prime Rib is such a different kind of meat than your standard steak, if you're used to that, and are expecting it, then you will be disappointed. And unfortunately I was :-\



However, for the past week or so I've been hearing about this Brazilian Steakhouse, Fogo de Chão, in Baltimore. It's $42 a meal. But, and hear me out here, you have a coaster in front of you with a red side and a green side. When you flip the coaster to "Green", like 5 people swarm you holding huge spits of meat, and carve the meat onto your plate until you flip to coaster to "Digest". I've come up with this handy picture to explain the situation:















So...when I'm feeling particularly like "T. Rowe Price'n it" (as Tony likes to refer to my "affluency"), perhaps I'll check out the situation.


Oh yeah....and how stinking sweet would this be: AMERICAN GLADIATORS!

2 comments:

MrsTwink said...

My friend Zach said that place is his version of heaven.

Bryan said...

Oh man I can only imagine...sounds so awesome! It would have to be a pretty special occasion to T. Rowe Price it like that. That's like T. Rowe Price 2.0 kind of stuff.

Or possibly something only affluent Business Systems Analysts can afford ;-)